Wednesday, March 17, 2010

U R LAME, R U NOT?

So, when you have one of these handy-dandy Google blogs, there's this little button on your dashboard called "next blog" which allows you to take a little peeksie at other people's work. It's like blog window-shopping.

I fully admit that I am not the next Janet Evanovich, Stephen King, John Grisham, (insert your favorite contemporary novelist here). I'm not even the next Jackie Collins. I'm just your average schmoe. But you know what? After hitting "next blog" a dozen times, let me tell you - I'm feeling like freakin' Hemingway. My river is wide and deep.

Why, why, WHY are there a bazillion blogs containing countless posts, each featuring little moppets with names like "Sophie" and "Cayden" who go to Baby Gap, eat only organic produce and learn about the evils of global warming at play group? Day...after...day...after...day. Come, now, dear reader. Be real with me, as I always (usually) am with you. Would you read this stuff? Better stated - would you FOLLOW it?

What do you want to bet that Sophie's mom fantasizes about driving her hybrid through the front door of the 7-11, guzzling a Big Gulp filled with straight corn syrup whilst shovelling Smoke-a-ronis and sucking Marlboros like Uncle Clem at an Ozark family reunion?

Fear not, my friends. I will struggle on for the sake of science, and provide you with stimulating thought and fearless movie reviews. Guaranteed to be Cayden-free.

Next blog.

2 comments:

  1. I follow 7 blogs just like that. Believe me, yours is a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very clever!
    Much more interesting!
    You could be the next Julie and Julia ... or should I say Tina and Junior ...

    ReplyDelete