Thursday, June 3, 2010

And Now a Word from Our Soldier...

So, after 94 angst-filled days of non-contact, I finally received an e-mail from my son in Bagdad. His excuse - nothing's going on, it's boring, nothing to say, so why write???

Write because your momma is gonna come after you with a big stick if you don't...assuming she doesn't end up in the asylum first. Write because I miss you. Write because we are both lonely.

Now I feel like I'm leaning more toward normal. My marriage is dead, but my son is back in the picture and work is going well. I'm figuring that 2 out of 3 areas is pretty good. If I were a ballplayer, I'd be the greatest there ever was with that kind of average.

Now I'm dealing with graduation. My third child graduates from high school this Saturday. We are awaiting the verdict on her student loans...and then, in just 3 short months, she's off to Denver.

No, dearest reader, I'm not sure how I feel about that. This is my third one to go...although my second didn't go far, as she still lives at home. But she's always at work, I never see her - so, mostly, she's gone. That leaves me and The Soloist here at the homestead, which isn't really a homestead, because it belongs to my husband, who could put me out whenever he wants.

Sigh.

And for the record - I still stand by my previous statement that things are still leaning toward normal.

2 comments:

  1. is there a reason why the final step of the "Big D" hasn't been taken? of course it my be none of my business, but ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, there are several reasons.

    ReplyDelete