Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back From the Dead

So, dear reader - remember my post from earlier this month, when I acknowledged that certain facets of my life are dead, buried and gone - and I'm going to just accept that and move on?

Well, last night I was asked to revive one of those dead horses.

So now I'm faced with a decision. A part of me - a BIG part of me - says no. Let it go. It's not worth the effort, which I'm sure will soon become all MY effort, and I'm not up for it. I'm tired. I'm beat down. Move on with what you have and let the past be the past.

A very small part of me feels obligated to. It's my duty. I chose to be a Christian, and as such, I'm obligated to forgive, forget, and turn the other cheek to be slapped, in hopes that the offending party will see the error of his ways, and all will be restored. Obligation. Duty.

I boxed this issue up and sealed it with a big honkin' roll of mental strapping tape, because I felt that in this particular area of my life, what I WANT was never a concern- never addressed - never even mentioned. Now I feel the same way about "fixing" it. I'm obligated to - I should - but even if it's resurrected from the dead, is that what I WANT? Or will I just end up with a big, dead horse on the hoof? Can you imagine how much tape THAT'S going to take?

3 comments:

  1. Eh, even Jesus said, "Let the dead, bury their dead," or something to that effect. Let someone else get slapped around. Why not toss a handful of lye on that dead horse, and go have yourself another latte instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not loving someone or even being Christian to let people slap you or to forget how people have harmed you (though bitterness is another matter entirely). I also don't think it's love to be passive and let people get away with things without consequences - good book! I've been reading "Boundaries" by Cloud & Townsend. :-P God is good even in the midst of tough choices. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me if you need/want to talk.....

    ~kas

    ReplyDelete