Saturday, September 25, 2010

All the News That's Fit to Forget to Print

Oops.

I kinda, sorta, unintentionally and completely without excuse, forgot to tell you, dearest reader -

My son, the American soldier, is home from Iraq.

He's not exactly "home" home. I haven't made visual contact yet. But is he is back at his base in Tacoma. Safe, sound, and spending money like water. He has called me exactly once.

He's been back now almost 2 weeks, and I can't believe that I didn't write about it. Geez, I guess my champagne and caviar lifestyle has dulled my senses. The only excuse I can offer to you is that I posted it to FaceBook, and a lot of you read it there already.

So, Tina has one less thing to worry about now. Go Tina Go.

Another cool thing - as a gift for my birthday, my friend Sheila - who will be remembered and studied by my grandchildren as the preeminent author of the early 21st century - wrote an "article" based on my blog. All I can say is, she loves me and she knows my innermost dreams. Maybe someday it won't be complete fiction, and we can actually publish it in the paper.

Ah, another big announcement. Today will be my last day at my second job. I haven't told my boss yet, but hey, she doesn't read this anyway and you won't tell, because you all got my back. Anyhow, I had originally intended to cut back to one day a week at job #2, if possible, until I knew exactly what my monthly expenses vs. income looked like after the impending move. I figured out that this wouldn't work when, on Friday, I checked my work schedule online for the upcoming 2 weeks, and burst into tears. Methinks Tina has reached some sort of threshold and needs to scale back. Me REALLY thinks this.

So, for the sake of my precarious mental condition, I am going back to one job. You know, you really can do a lot with Top Ramen if you put your mind to it.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! He's safe!!

    See-- all is looking up!

    Don't forget baloney-- it's pretty cheap too.

    I remember when Stan (USN) was supposedly 'fixing' my 1979 Chevy Nova I bought from Beau Gator in Goose Creek (!) And he MILKED this cow for about $2000! I was eating on $3 per day: Crackers and soda each meal. (50 cent each).

    I can float ya a tenspot if ya need....

    ReplyDelete