Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stuffing Your Stuff

So, I'm moving.

A compassionate friend is going to let me live in her basement for the next few months. So Tav and I will be outta here soon.

I've been packing for over a month now and I cannot believe how much crapola I've gotten rid of. Boxes and boxes donated to a yard sale. Bags and bags thrown away. Then I look at what's left over and can't help but think - how pathetic to be 41 and starting my life over again with just this stuff. A toaster and blender that match. Two sewing machines. A twin bed and a recliner with duct tape on the arm where the cat scratched a hole in it. A cedar chest that weighs a good 800 pounds.

Stuff, stuff, stuff. Aren't we all just obsessed with our stuff. We either have too much stuff, not enough stuff, lots of stuff but no good stuff, or stuff that used to be good but now needs to be replaced with new stuff.

Well, since I'm about to take a good-sized pay cut for the next 4 months (gee, did I forget to mention that?), the stuff I have is the stuff I have for a while.

One thing that I do not have amongst my stuff is a copy of "First Born". In order for this Project to see fruition, I will have to add this to my stuff very soon. Then on November 5th, Our Hero's last film of 2010 debuts in theaters...and thus endeth our adventure.

Cry not, dear reader. I shall not leave you. In fact, if you send me your e-mail address (I think you can do it on the profile screen, or even post it here if you aren't afraid a homicidal maniac will steal it) I will let you know the address of 2011's blog when I have it.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that you are getting out of a less than healthy environment.

    I wish I were closer so that I could offer more than 'cyber hugs', but please know that if you ever need to vent, please call, email, comment on my blog, snail mail or whatever you need.

    You WILL survive and actually be OK.

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete