Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Don't See Your Every Move

Today was appointment day.

As of close of business today, I have clean teeth, a new haircut, my church's missions focus for 2010, and other parts of me examined by my doctor that shall remain nameless.

Sitting here with my laptop, I realize that I should have squeezed one more appointment in. My laptop is in my lap (wow! news flash!) and I'm having a very difficult time reading my screen.

I've noticed that my vision has been going kaput for a few weeks now. I am beyond blind (really, it's scary), horribly near-sighted, and have contacts for 30 years. My eyes "stabilized" in my mid-20's with little or no change until last year, when my prescription changed dramatically.

You see, as people approach a certain age which shall remain unstated (it rhymes with "smorty"), our eyes begin to change shape and we find ourselves becoming far-sighted. Remember when you used to make fun of Grandpa for holding the TV Guide at arm's length to see what time The Dukes of Hazard came on? That is why. Grandpa was over smorty.

Since I am horribly near-sighted, this means that my eyesight is actually IMPROVING as my eye becomes more "normally" shaped. Hence, my contacts are too strong now.

I give you this lesson in Optometry 101 to confirm what you, dear reader, have long suspected. Yes, it's true. I am improving with age.

Tina

1 comment: