Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Make a decision, already!

So this is what I've been thinking about today.

For a while now, I've allowed certain circumstances that suck, yet are beyond my control, to determine my mindset.

I'm sick of it. This isn't who I am, or who I want to be.

So, here's what I've decided:

Decision 1 - There are facets of my life - okay, one LARGE facet of my life - that is draining my energy, and frankly, deteriorating my health. I will accept the fact that this area of my life is dead, there's nothing to do about it, and I'm not going to put any more time/thought/energy into it. I accept the fact that it is what it is, and I will not continue to pretend that everything is fine. If others choose to focus on this issue, that's their decision and will not affect me.

Decision 2 - There are facets of my life that are wonderful, joyful, exciting and beautiful. I will focus on those areas. if others do not feel that those areas are as wonderful/joyful/exciting/beautiful as I do, that's their problem and does not affect me.

Decision 3 - Decisions 1 and 2 will not be so popular with everyone, including some people whose opinions I value quite much. They will attempt to dissuade me with arguments that will sound very convincing. In fact, I may lose the respect and/or friendship of some of these people. While unfortunate, I accept this as inevitable and will move on with my life accordingly.

So, there you have it. That's how my day went. How was yours?

Tina

1 comment: