Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This is Nothing to Kid About

Do you suppose that anybody's adult life actually resembles what they had planned as a daydreaming, snot-nosed kid?

When I was little, and on into my teen years, I wanted to be the following (in order, as best I recall):

A teacher
A zoologist
A teacher again
A journalist
An actress
A professional singer
A secretary
A playwright
A novelist
An actress again
A naval officer who was also a best-selling novelist

I wanted to accomplish the following:

Teach Morse code to dolphins (it was the 70's, I was a kid with a hippie for a teacher, gimme a break on this one)
Be an award-winning columnist at some really huge newspaper
Live in a big city in a really cool apartment
Be Madonna
Write scripts for Moonlighting
Sneak onto the set of Miami Vice and watch Don Johnson fall madly in love with me
Be a millionaire by 30
Have a German Shepherd

I had no intention of EVER:

Getting married
Having children
Living in a small town
Working for anyone other than myself

I think I kinda got my lists mixed up, because I've managed to accomplish everything on one of them and nothing on the others. I'll leave you to do the math.

How about you? How do your lists measure up to reality?

2 comments:

  1. UMmmmm...

    I was going to have 6 kids and name them "Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, & Cindy".

    I was going to be the 1st female MCPO of the Navy (see how that ended up) and retire after at least 25 years.

    I would NEVER breastfeed! Yep- I did for all 3!

    I would never date, let alone MARRY a "card carrying Redneck"!! (considering my past!!!)

    Too early to think of others....LOL!

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete