Sunday, February 14, 2010

Review #24 - Natural Born Killers (1994)

Yes, this makes my second review of the day. Well, why the heck not. Tomorrow is a federal holiday, after all.

Back of the box: "They didn't win a Nobel Prize, throw a record fastball or travel another acceptable path to fame. What fugitive lovers Mickey and Mallory did was kill people. Lots of people. The media took care of the rest."

RDJR plays Wayne Gale, an Australian Geraldo. Mickey and Mallory are Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis. Hello - need I say more? Oh, wait, I do - because this movie also featured Tommy Lee Jones, and if you recall, I told you back in the US Marshalls review that I love TLJ.

As far as the rest of my review...uhhh....This film was easily, by far, absolutely and positively the strangest thing I've ever seen. Maybe I should have watched this one earlier in the day, maybe when I was fresher - because, dear reader, words just fail. This film was friggin' weird. Kinda like an uber-violent version of Alice in Wonderland or some other opiate-induced fairy tale.

And I loved it.

I give it an 8. I also beg to differ with Roger Ebert, who said "Seeing this movie once is not enough." I'm thinking it was, in fact, enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment