Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Evening Has a First Name - It's O-S-C-A-R

Well, little chickens, tonight is the night we have been anticipating for 11 months and 29 days - the Oscars are on tonight.

Since I'm a die-hard movie fan, I try to watch the awards shows. Side note - have never seen Die Hard. Am adding to Netflix.

Anyway, the Oscars have fallen out of my favor in recent years, and so I've pretty much tuned out. I hit a few minutes here and there, mostly to see the dresses and Clooney in Armani. Unfortunately, the evening wear display gets rudely interrupted by some idiot, usually with a name that rhymes with "Spawn Glenn", spewing about how ignorant all us folk in Middle America are (and God help you if you are a Christian; you should be beaten with a stick and heavily fined if you are), instead of just saying "thanks for the award" and letting it go at that.

PLUS, my main man RDJR should absolutely have been nominated for The Soloist. Okay, so I can forgive the fact that he was overlooked for his work in Sherlock, because it seems that a blockbuster never wins an Oscar for an actor, but he got robbed for The Soloist.

So, I'm faced with a horrible dichotomy...a Spawn Glenn-free year, but also a Downey-free year. Just ain't fair.

Side note, part 2 - Totally rooting for Mo'Nique tonight. Did you SEE Precious? Her performance was insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment