Saturday, March 6, 2010

Review #30 - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)

So says Netflix: "Petty thief Harry Lockhart (Robert Downey Jr) gets caught up in a murder investigation by posing as an actor and heading to Los Angeles for an unlikely audition, where he finds an authentic acting coach in detective Perry Van Shrike (Val Kilmer). But the bright lights of Hollywood fade when a murder takes place and Harry, Perry and Harry's high school dream girl (Michelle Monaghan) become part of the investigation."

I took me three attempts to get through this movie - I was interrupted the first two times by marital collapse. But as they say at the movies, the third time's a charm. Well, I'm sure someone said that in some movie once.

Our hero plays an endearingly dense guy...Val Kilmer's character is the coolest gay dude ever...there's a lot of shooting, digit amputation and a corpse gets peed on.

I absolutely, positively, in every conceivable way - adored this movie. Oh, and get this - as the closing credits roll by, we are serenaded by a track from RDJR's "The Futurist".

My only regret is that I didn't get to see it in the theater with the Trio of Movie Goodness. And they should have used the song "5:30" at the end instead of "Broken."

I give this one a 9.5. Yes, I loved it that much. I'm buying this one for my ever-expanding collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment