Sunday, March 7, 2010

RUBBADONNIEJEWER!

Picture it. It's Sunday afternoon, the Oscars haven't started yet, and I'm spending some very inconsequential time on the internet. My 10-year old, Tav, comes bursting through the door in that loud, crashing manner that only a 10-year old boy can achieve, and lets out a piercing microsecond cry: "RUBBADONNIEJEWER!"

To which I, of course, respond..."huh?"

Let me see if I can recreate his response for you...imagine this, all in one breath, his little body bouncing up and down with each word, in a manner reserved for really, really important announcements and/or a full bladder..."Mom-on-TV-it's-Robert-Downey-Jr-hurry-you-are-going-to-miss-him."

Ah. Turns out that "The Shaggy Dog" is on the Disney Channel. Dear reader, you may or may not know that our hero was in this film. Tav pretty much knows "the list". Anyway, I thanked him for his attentiveness and concern, and told him that we would review it when we could watch it on DVD without commercial interruption.

He then suggested we go to Blockbuster and see if we can find any other RDJR movies that we couldn't find before. I wiped away a tear.

Tav has also allowed me to spend the day with his Iron Man action figure. It is sitting on my sewing table. He isn't so magnanimous that I am allowed to take it to work with me and put it on my computer monitor...but still, this is a momentous act of generosity.

My son, the scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment