Saturday, April 10, 2010

All the News That's Fit to Print

Drumroll, please......

For your viewing pleasure, see the Major Events of my week:

1. Enrolled in a 28-day "goal setting challenge" class. Why, you ask? Good question. I can't help myself. I see the words "goal setting" and it's like waving a pork chop at a Jack Russell terrier or cocaine at Tom Sizemore. I just can't say no.

2. Watched "Charlie Bartlett" again last night. Decided that maybe I was too harsh in my review a few months ago; I actually really like this movie. The kid who plays Charlie, the up-and-coming...uh.. what's his face, is very talented. Sweet little movie. Actually bought it at Blockbuster; they are running their "save us from bankruptcy" buy 5 movies for $26 special.

3. Have just decided that my Tom Sizemore comment, see #1 above, was too harsh, as I adore Tom Sizemore. Hello, have you seen Natural Born Killers? But am not reticent enough to remove said comment. Mercy is a work in progress.

4. Worked, a lot. May go in today after I clean the house. Thanks, Gloria Steinem. Women's work just isn't enough for us post-modern girls; now we get to do Men's work AND Women's work.

5. Mentally started writing a fable which will be the last post to this blog, predictably on January 1, 2011. Wow...I would say, "that seems so far away," but it really doesn't. It's already April, and I feel like I just started this little Project last week. Anyhoo, at 2 a.m. when I can't sleep, my story sounds really good in my head. Time will tell how it sounds in the light of day.

6. Thought about the 16 movies on my "I have to find these for the Project" list. Yes, dear reader, I think of this blog at irrational moments, like when I'm sitting at stop signs, typing stuff at work, talking on the phone, eating lunch... Science has consumed my very soul.

7. Made fun of the psycho toenail-clipping-in-a-jar collectors who post to the message boards on Downey Unlimited.

8. Posted to the message boards on Downey Unlimited.

That pretty much sums it up. How about you, dearest reader?

1 comment:

  1. just stumbled upon yr blog - its funny..its like a julie and julia but with robert downey jr...

    major events of my wk...so far :-

    1. left uk to go back to oz - but forgot my passport - but somehow made it back to airport just in time

    2. got free upgrade to business class on flight...it was the bee's knees


    3. wedding planning via skype

    ReplyDelete