Friday, April 2, 2010

Review #37 - Tuff Turf (1985)

From our friends at Netflix: "Morgan (James Spader) is the new kid in school. Unfortunately for him, he has a history of trouble, along with a cool, rebellious attitude. And to make matters worse, Morgan also has eyes for he hottie girlfriend of the school's tough guy. Let's hope Morgan makes it to graduation! Co-stars Robert Downey Jr., Kim Richards, and Olivia Barash. Los Angeles bands Jack Mack and Heart Attach are featured on the soundtrack."

My, oh my. Where was I in 1985??? How did I miss this movie???? For those of you who may have forgotten how hot James Spader was 25 years ago, before he started playing "the creeper" in every other film in which he appeared - you gotta see this one. Our hero plays Spader's bff, Jimmy. It was really rather sweet. What a natural comedian. And in the fight scene in the end, Jimmy shows up with...2 Doberman Pinschers. How hysterical is that? Of course, that part was supposed to be serious...OHHHH, mean dogs! - but still pretty darned funny.

Yup, I pretty much loved it. Yes, it was the definition of Velveeta - but cheese can be entertaining, and the music was outta sight. This one has "cult classic" written all over it - and again, I ask - where the heck was I?????

I give it an 8.

2 comments:

  1. I tripped over your sight checking up on blog comments for James Spader (my main guy) and was thrilled to see your year long project dedicated to my #2 main guy. Wow, I am really enjoying catching up on all your reviews. Of the 13 RDJ movies I have seen your reviews are right on (except I would have given Chaplin a 9...really liked that movie). Thanks for doing all the work in the name of science...good night, and good luck with your project.

    Sincerely, Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette - I'm so glad you stopped by. Thanks for leaving a comment, I feel like a superstar. Tina

    ReplyDelete