Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mine Is Not To Do, Then Die

So, a friend of mine posts on her Facebook this question: "What's on your bucket list?"

Thus we bring forth the inspiration for today's post, aptly titled:

Tina's Bucket List
These things simply must be accomplished before I die. I may not die until the list is completed.
1. Spend a month in a little cottage on the ocean like Mrs. Muir
2. Learn how to play a complicated musical instrument, like the violin
3. Write and publish a novel
4. Write the screenplay for my best-selling novel
5. Produce and direct the film based on my screenplay
6. Learn, definitively, what exactly a film producer does
7. Get hired by Donald Trump and quit at an inopportune time, resulting in The Donald begging me to come back
8. Break a handsome man's heart
9. Go to Venice (Italy, not California)
10. Have my cell number programmed into some famous person's speed-dial
11. Be the recipient of a really, really good kiss
12. Learn to fly a helicopter
13. Earn a black belt in some sort of martial arts
Well, that should keep be going well into the next century. Your turn, my little chickens.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Be introduced to someone terribly famous and pretend I don't know them (I love the thought of bashing egos)
    2. Get into space
    3. Have something named after me. (Not a virus)
    4. Learn to speak French
    5. Tickle a policeman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I don't know exactly why, though.

    Some of many:
    1. Learn to speak 1 or 2 more languages.
    2. Live in another country for at least four-six months (besides the U.S., which would technically check this goal off the list).
    3. Make and fly a kite.
    4. Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer!
    5. Try pottery, archery, and surfing, among other things.

    Kludge's #1 is funny. I'd like to do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Ghost and Mrs. Muir because of Gene Tierney. She was gorgeous. If I recall correctly, she either was a major alcoholic or nuts, or both.

    ReplyDelete