Friday, May 14, 2010

Review #47 - Bowfinger (1999)

Per Netflix: "Kit Ramsey (Eddie Murphy) is Hollywood's biggest star. Bobby Bowfinger (Steve Martin) is Hollywood's smallest player. Together, they're Hollywood's hottest team...only one of them doesn't know it. it's Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin - together for the first time - in the hit comedy Bowfinger!"

Well, I bet you didn't know that RDJR was in this one, did you. Well, he was, for about 5 seconds.

Maybe it's my 80's upbringing - but I am predispositioned to love this. I mean, come on. Eddie Murphy AND Steve Martin? Hello? Eddie Murphy is a mentally unstable action star (go figure) and Steve Martin has a velcro pony tail that he sticks in his pocket when not in use. What's not to love, I ask you? What's not to love?

I think I've seen this one before...but it's been 11 years, so maybe I'm just remembering previews. Anyhow, it was funny. Silly funny without being sick funny or vulgar funny. You can tell it was made 11 years ago, I guess. What a shame that nobody seems to make comedies like this anymore.

Okay, descending from my soapbox - I give it an 8, because I loved it. Insert appropriate low-brow comment here. Go ahead, I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment