Monday, May 3, 2010

Tony Stark and a Pink Diamond

First of all - after watching quite a few turd bombs, I decided that I needed a brain cleanse. Frankly, even though we've had some passage of time and I'm heavily medicated, I am still having "The Gingerbread Man" flashbacks. So I re-queued "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and watched it with my friend Amy this weekend. It worked. I am rejuvenated and ready for round 2.

If you haven't seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang yet - what are you waiting for????? I reviewed that, like, 2 MONTHS ago. 9.5, baby.

Anyway, whilst examining my archives, I noticed that my number of "posts-per-month" has steadily declined as the months pass. Since I am, for the moment, completely relying upon Netflix (having exhausted the RDJR inventory at Blockbuster), I'm lucky to review 2 movies per week now. You didn't hear, dearest reader, but I just let out a heavy sigh. Anyway, fewer movies equals fewer posts.

I tell you this because I don't want you to think that the blush is off The Project's rose. In fact, in about 3 months things will start to get really interesting as I am forced to obscure websites, flea markets, yard sales, etc in my attempt to locate the stragglers. I am in a slight panic mode at the moment, because my new friend Joyce - possessor of the rare gem "Pound" - hasn't contacted me in several weeks, after telling me that she would "look into" getting a copy made for me. While it is entirely possible that said new friend Joyce saw the blog post where I insinuated that she and her fellow "fan siters" might be a little, well, unbalanced - I'm hoping that she's just trying to get the video quality juuuuuuuust right. Ahem. And I did apologize for that, if you recall.

On our way home from Blockbuster Saturday, out of the blue my youngest asked me what would happen if I married RDJR. I told him that since we are both already married to other people, living in separate states and for a plethora of reasons that he doesn't need to think about, that a wedding would be highly unlikely. I also told him that, when we see actors on the screen playing roles that we really like - that doesn't necessarily mean that the actor has the same personality. Then I had a mental vision of being proposed to by Tony Stark and almost ran off the road.

Again, you didn't hear it, but there was another heavy sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment