Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Extra Credit Review - Sunday Morning Shootout (2003)

So, wake the kids and phone the neighbors. I've made an executive decision.

Any non-movie review of an RDJR work is an "extra credit review." For said blog post, I receive extra credit. No, I don't know what the extra credit is for. Yes, I know that a TV interview really doesn't fit into the category of "body of work." Get your own blog and quit picking on me; I have little else to occupy my mind.

So, here's the sitch. "Sunday Morning Shootout" is a TV show that appears on some channel somewhere. The set looks like a big Starbucks, and our guest sits at a little round table with 2 film industry pundits that I've never seen before, nor will I ever see again. But evidently I'm supposed to know who they are.

Our Hero participated in this interview right after he finished "Gothika", which we coincidentally just reviewed. Isn't that nice. Also, he was about to start on "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints," which we reviewed in January (and were not terribly impressed with, I might add), and his album "The Futurist" (which we also reviewed in January, and were quite impressed with).

Okay, so I really like to watch interviews, and I don't even necessarily mean famous-people-type conversations. I like to see how people react to questions that they don't exactly anticipate. This is also why I love job interviews (both sides of the table). So you think that's weird? Well, there are people who get off on looking at videos of feet. Go judge them.

2 interesting points. Point 1 - pundit #1 criticized Chaplin, the Holy Grail. I am not alone. Point 2 - RDJR admitted that he has a tendency to be a cocky little SOB, at least in his previous life (my summary, and if I have misinterpreted, well - he'll never know anyway). Most cocky SOB's have not the slightest idea that they are anything other than clever and charming...so I was happy to hear Our Hero make this admission.

And there you have it, dearest reader. I get a gold star and 5 extra points to boost my grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment