Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Review #51 - Two Girls and a Guy (1998)

Okay, here it is. "Writer and director James Toback (Black and White) explores a contemporary love triangle in this comedy/drama. When two girls (Heather Graham and Natasha Gregson Wagner) find themselves waiting outside an apartment building, they come to realize they're there to meet the same guy (Robert Downey Jr.)--who's been sleeping with them both! Armed with this knowledge, the girls break into the guy's apartment and prepare for the ambush."

This is a poop-encrusted, maggot-dropping stray dog. The acting was abysmal. The plot made me want to gouge my eyes out and curl up in a fetal position.

There is not enough money in the world to convince me to watch the "commentary."

I have sacrificed 90 minutes and a few million brain cells for you, dearest reader. Save yourselves, I will continue to hold Toback down until you are all in the clear.

This movie gets a big..fat..round...ZERO.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Your first ZERO!!! Go have a latte to recover! How're the cello lessons??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You even though RDJ was abysmal? I saw this in the theater and hated it, but there were moments of him acting alone that just killed me and stay with me to this day. And I think this is the first time we ever saw him play piano and sing on camera. I can't hate it completely--it gave me that.

    ReplyDelete