Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If I Am Talking, You Should Be Taking Notes

I am feeling prophetic today. I predict a life-altering event will fall upon me within the next 6 months. Life-altering, as in sucky. Yes, I know what said event is, I'm not just reading tea leaves here. But I don't really want to go into detail, what with me being so intensely private and having millions and millions of readers and all. Suffice it to say that I've been measured and found wanting, and the judgment will be meted out sooner rather than later.

I've known for about 4 months now that I would face this event. It is as inevitable as it is devastating. Some people will take a great deal of pleasure in witnessing my downfall. Some will stand behind me and try to prop me back up. Most won't give a right righteous fudge. Alas, I'm just a minor player in a major motion picture. But to me, insignificant as I am, it will be the end of life as I know it.

Sometimes I think about it and hyperventilate - sob - get all twitterpated. Sometimes I think about it and know that I am resigned to my fate even as I trudge forward, kinda like how I felt the day I tried out for the jr. high cheer squad. A herculean effort in the face of certain doom.

So what do you do, my little chickens, when faced with this type of situation? Do you rip the band-aid off and run out to meet your fate? Or do you live the best you can as long as you can, knowing that it's going to shatter, delaying change until absolutely necessary? This inquiring mind wants to know.

And don't fret over me, my friends. When it finally happens, you will be the 2nd to know.

3 comments:

  1. Personally I like to agonize over it for weeks and use it as an excuse to eat myself into oblivion and snap at my loved ones.

    That's me, but I'm not recommending it to everyone. I know people who can just put it to the back of thier minds and not deal with it till it comes. That's my advice. Not that I know how to.

    Sorry for whatever is happening. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rip off the band-aid and run out to meet it. It puts you in the seat of control. Even though you know you're going down, at least you have the satisfaction of going courageously.

    All your little chickens will be here to prop you back up, or administer first aid if necessary. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kludge- Eat and snap! However, make sure to snap only at the ones that deserve it the most. I'm with ya! Call/email if you need/want.... :0(

    ReplyDelete