Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bleeding for Science

Exciting news, my little chickens! Exciting news!

Tomorrow I get to have a ROOT CANAL! And I'm going to do it WITHOUT NOVOCAINE! Now, now, I know that you are so completely envious at this moment, poised in front of your computer, jaws gaping, skin turning a lovely shade of green...why does SHE get to be so lucky??

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

The next day, I'm going to lay down in the middle of Highway 97 and see how long it takes for a tractor-trailer to run me over! Imagine the suspense as I squirm on the asphalt, blood slowly starting to boil in the 99-degree heat! My heart races at the mere mental image.

It is true, I speak metaphorically. I am sitting here looking at 2 VHS tapes that arrived today...reading the back of the box...and wondering if there's a "door #3" somewhere that I can open instead. Alas, there is not, and for the sake of science, I will trudge onward. All for you, dearest reader - all for you.

Unfortunately I must postpone the event until such a time as there are no children in the house, as both nuggets are rated R. And I think they really mean it.

Something to look forward to, in an otherwise dreary existence. If you see me in the road - don't swerve.

1 comment: