Thursday, August 5, 2010

Q and A - Part II

Greetings, little chickens - and welcome to Part II of Tina's Q and A!!!! I am your host - Tina.

You, my friends, frequently pepper me with questions about this blog and life in general. It's been a while since we did a Q and A session, and I have been compiling Q's about The Project...and the time as come to answer them. The first ones may seem familiar, but I get asked them so frequently, I thought we'd give them a second shot.

Go forth and seek knowledge!!!!!

Q: Why Robert Downey?

A: Well, why not? That aside, I started this blog right after the release of Sherlock Holmes, and he was in the news and in front of my face at the time. Plus, well, he rocks. And he's got issues.

Q: Are you obsessed with RDJR?

A: No, I am not "obsessed". I am a scientist. If you want to see "obsessed," go to www.downeyunlimited.com and gander at what the truly scary fans talk about on the message board. Holy cow. As I have said before - if I were a celebrity, I would not even leave my family room without Rowdy Roddy Piper and an AK-47 to protect me.

Little known factoid - HE is actually obsessed with ME. He calls, he writes, he sends flowers - it's a little embarrassing. But this is the price I pay to provide you, Dearest Reader, with science and enlightenment.

Q: How many more movies do you have?

A: Well that is a loaded question, because I don't think that I will be able to find at least 5 of them (some out of print/never released on dvd, and several are actually 'shorts' as opposed to full-length films). I would say, including Iron Man 2 (which I didn't review when I saw it in the theater) and Due Date (to be released in November), I've got around 12 left, plus a season of Ally McBeal.

Q: I read your blog all the time and you seem so unhappy.

A: Thank you, and that's not phrased in the form of a question. Next?

Q: If you hadn't picked RDJR, what would you have picked for a blog topic?

A: I think I would have gone with "all the Best Picture Oscar Winners". I think that would be interesting.

Q: Are you interested in filmmaking? Is that why you watch so many movies/documentaries?

A: Until I was 25, it never occurred to me that I'd be anything other than a screenplay writer when I grew up. Then I grew up. Now, I figure I've got one really, really good screenplay in me somewhere...which probably will be produced the day AFTER I die. And I just love movies. Always have.

Q: I can't believe you are into RDJR. He's a (fill in the blank as you see fit with a well-publicized episode from Our Hero's past).

A: Again, that's not phrased in the form of a question. And get over yourself. Methinks you sound a wee bit jealous. Besides, what do you know about anything anyway-you spend your evenings reading some blog by a girl from Podunk. Next?

Q: What's the next blog? I think you should do one on (fill in the blank).

A: I anticipate announcing my next blog topic around Christmas, unless I finish The Project sooner than anticipated. Fret not - it will be another year-long project, which actually will require a lot of legwork beforehand. I will not leave you out in the expanse of the World Wide Web alone, my friends. I'm here for you.


DISCLAIMER: The 'Girl from Podunk' is very grateful that you spend your evenings reading her blog, and sincerely hopes that you will continue to do so. Also, if you are a 'Downey Unlimited' member who has happened upon this site - I don't mean that YOU are mental, I'm talking about those OTHER people.

No comments:

Post a Comment