Monday, August 9, 2010

USPS Evermore

As I anxiously await the arrival of our next feature presentation - USPS tracker says it's now in New Jersey, and from what I hear about both the state and our film, this is all apropos - I thought I'd check in with you all and tell you what I've been thinking about. Because I know you won't get a decent night's sleep until you hear it.

So, I'm basically working 60 hours a week now. I no longer have "days off," I now look forward to "hours off." My feet hurt. My back hurts. My 11-year old is learning the fine art of microwave cooking, because 3 days a week, Mom's not home to make dinner. This is not an optimal situation.

There are many, many, MANY times when I look into my metaphoric crystal ball and think that this is just how my life is going to be. And let me tell you what, that gets me down. But when I'm standing behind that cash register, removing ink tags from blue jeans, I remind myself that each minute I do it puts me a minute closer to getting to start my life over again. This is not forever. This is temporary.

So, without further delay - here's the:

List of Things That Tina Has Been Thinking About While Waiting for the Arrival of Our Next Movie
1. Jesus does not rubber-stamp everything the local church does.
2. There is such a thing as verbal abuse.
3. There is such a thing as emotional abuse.
4. I can't stop the snakes from biting me, but I absolutely can stop their venom from poisoning me.
5. Some people are just flat-out jerks, and it's not your fault.
6. If you want to find out who your real friends are, stand up for yourself and see who stands with you.
7. It's really hard to find an apartment/house that's affordable and allows pets.
Thus endeth my deep thoughts.

So, what have you been thinking about?

4 comments:

  1. I'm standing with you all the way.... sometimes tho', I feel like I'm standing all alone over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm thinking about the cinnamon rolls I have rising in my oven. It would be nice if you were here to share them with me over some breakfast tea. Why don't you leave that horrible place you live and move next door to me? Life is great here. I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie - I know I would like it! But the commute would be a KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that commute would be a killer. So you'll just have to get a new and better job here. Problem solved. Need any help packing? :)

    ReplyDelete