Monday, August 30, 2010

What's Our Vector, Victor?

Status report...

Many of you (at least 3 different people) have been asking me ... "How many more movies do you have to watch before you are finished?"

This, my dear reader, is not a simple question. So I thought I'd lay it out for you as best I can.

As of right now, I have:

1 new movie, to be released in November (it's called "Due Date" and I really hate to say that the trailer didn't look that good)

1 film that's about to be released on DVD (Iron Man 2, can I get a woot woot?)

1 VHS cassette in the mail to me as we speak

1 "video on demand" available through Amazon that I'm saving for a dry spell

1 VHS that is sketchily available through Amazon; I'm waiting to see if the price drops on it

1 film that I can't find on either VHS or DVD, but RDJR's scenes are available on YouTube, so I'm going that route and calling it good

1 film that I flat-out can't find anywhere, which doesn't appear to ever have been released on video

2 documentaries that I can't find anywhere, and neither appears to have been released on video

1 TV movie that I found a pirated copy of online, and am still trying to decide whether or not I should buy it-it does have The Muppets, which is a big selling point for me, but it's technically illegal, which makes me feel guilty

4 film shorts (I think they are, like, 10 minutes long) that I'm sure I'll never find anywhere

1 season of "Family Guy" that I refuse to watch because I think that show is vulgar, and generally stupid


....and I'm halfway through a season of Ally McBeal. There are a few other TV appearances that I'm not pursuing; there is a difference between science and obsession, after all.

So there you have it. I'll let you do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment